I am a user experience designer and engineer exploring new cultural genre through creativity and profound knowledge in culture, science, and technology. Especially, I am aspired to leverage the power of technology to improve ways people see, understand and experience the cultural heritages. My research interests include Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Heritage, Mixed Reality and Social Computing. I love to walk my dog, watch UFC, travel anywhere, and visit museums.
Research Interests: Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Digital Heritage, Ubiquitous Virtual Reality, Social
Advisor: Woon-Tack Woo (UVR Lab)
Master Thesis: Practical Use of KCHDM Ontology Standard in Development of Cultural Heritage Mobile AR
Major Advisor: Jung-Wha Kim, Co-Advisor: Woon-Tack Woo
- Developed a Mixed Reality (MR) Application that facilitates a higher level of engagement by letting visitors of cultural heritage sites create and share their own location specific MR content
- Developed an Augmented Reality Tour Application (K-Culture Time Machine) through semantic integration of
cultural heritage databases
- Designed in-situ app for mobile device to inform users about cultural heritages by information (text, audio, image, video, 3D model) augmentation
- Planning the overall concept, exhibitions, and technology for National Digital Heritage Museum of Korea
- A forum where interdisciplinary research and recent developments in technology for digital cultural heritage can be shared to enhance user experience focusing on 'Digital Cultural Heritage in Gyeongju'